Children’s Health Kidney Center at University Health System
We care for and treat all types of pediatric kidney conditions – from early-stage kidney disease to transplantation. All of our patients benefit from having a dedicated children’s kidney team including board-certified nephrologists, a pediatric nurse practitioner, clinic and dialysis registered nurses, a dietitian, and a social worker. Our team works hand-in-hand with other specialists such as urologists, general surgeons, transplant surgeons and interventional radiologists to make sure every patient receives the highest quality of care.
University Health System and UT Health San Antonio partner to care for newborns, young children and adolescents up to age 18 with kidney conditions. Led by physicians who have been providing care for children in San Antonio for over 20 years, our comprehensive program is home to the only pediatric kidney transplant center in the Alamo City.
- General nephrology
- Proteinuria – Protein in the urine
- Hematuria – Blood in the urine
- Hypertension – High blood pressure
- Kidney Stones – stones can be quite painful and although some may pass on their own, large ones may need medical treatment
- Urinary Tract Infection – bacterial infection in the bladder or kidneys
- Glomerulonephritis – the part of the kidney that filters waste and fluids is damaged
- Nephrotic Syndrome – includes signs and symptoms such as protein in the urine, swelling, low albumin levels in the blood and swelling
- Congenital and inherited renal disease – born with a single kidney, a kidney in the wrong position
- Acute and chronic inpatient hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis
- Chronic outpatient hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT)
- Living donor pediatric kidney transplantation
- Deceased donor pediatric kidney transplantation
4502 Medical Drive
Rio Tower, 5th Floor, Elevator D
San Antonio, TX 78229
Fax: (210) 358-2095
Clinical Pavilion, 6th Floor
903 W. Martin St.
San Antonio, TX 78207